Saturday 10 July 2010

Overthrow - 'A Ghost In The Machine'

Overthrow have one of those Myspace pages that make feel uneasy. It was obviously painfully crafted to look exactly the way a Myspace page for a band on the up and up should look.

This EP has exactly the same effect on me. Don't get me wrong, this is musically very proficient - It's great sounding and well written... And it sounds exactly the way you'd expect it to. There's nothing to surprise you with here as the songs come at you in such a familiar way it's hard not to switch off.

Let me put it another way - if you fought the same man every day of your life then, regardless of how hard he is, you're going to win one day.

Did that help at all?

Probably not.

I'm all for a well polished, well thought out EP of great tunes. But not the same great tunes I've heard over and over again from other bands. I'm going to keep an eye on this lot though - because they could go one of two ways from here...

You can download the EP HERE